Why Create a Wishlist?
- You get the presents that you want!
Really goes without saying,
but all of us will have, at some point, received something which we really have not wanted.
What happens to all these unwanted gifts? Chances are they get put in a cupboard and forgotten.
Recycled or thrown away.
- Keeps your life simpleIf you have more than one person asking you what you would like, do you
find it difficult to keep track of what presents you have suggested to people? You can't suggest
the same thing to more than one person, in case they do go with your suggestion. Then again,
maybe they won't. This way, you don't need to keep track of what you suggested, and you won't
need to think up as many suggestions either. Just ask them to look at your wishlist and
reserve what item they would like to get you. Everyone can see what they are getting you (apart from you!)
- Lead by exampleHow many hours have you spent wondering what to get someone for a present? If they had
created a wishlist, how easy would it have been to look at the wishlist, decide which present you want to buy,
then go and buy it? The best way to convince your friends and family to create a wishlist (apart from badgering
them about it) is to create a wishlist of your own. However, we can't guarantee that you still won't have to
keep asking them to create their own wishlist though!
- ConvenientUnlike wandering around the nearest shopping centre, making your own online wishlist
can be done at a time to suit you. If you are awake in the middle of the night, you can still get the task done.
It can be squeezed into your lunch hour at work, or while you are waiting for a repair man to turn up.
- Saves timeOne of the greatest features of the internet is the ability to search. You could spend
hours going from shop to shop, trying to find something specific that you want. Something you may
be able to find quicker from your own home
- Saves moneyThis works both ways, you can save money by having a wishlist. Put on your wishlist
items you would normally buy yourself. If there is something you would like, but don't need it quite yet, put
it on your wishlist and get someone else to buy it for you. Also back to our first point, unwanted gifts that get
thrown out are really a waste of someone else's money
- Easier to coordinateHave you spent hours on the phone trying to coordinate gift buying for some occasion?
Phoning everyone to find out what they are getting. Then another round of calls again, when some gift has sold out.
Then ringing round again to tell everyone not to buy the other item as Aunt Doris already bought it? And I guess
this could also count as saving money again, by saving on all the phone calls!
- Distance is no objectCreating your wishlist online means that it makes no difference if your
friends & family are spread out all over the country, or even all over the world. The items on your
wishlist can be seen all around the world.
- Less embaressmentDo you feel awkward asking people to buy specific gifts? Having a wishlist
helps. Provide plenty of options in a variety of price ranges means that you are not asking any one person
to buy a certain thing.
- Saves work for next timeSometimes it is easy to think of items for your wishlist, but once the
occasion has passed, often the items which were not received are forgotten about.
The next occasion that comes around
leaves us scratching our heads, trying to think of more items. Having your wishlist online means that once
you have removed all the items that you received, the remaining items are the beginning of the wishlist for
the next occasion in your life.